Professor Brian Fitzgerald of QUT Law School has been appointed to the new Government 2.0 Taskforce, announced Monday 22 June 2009. The Terms of Reference for the Taskforce are that the Taskforce will advise and assist the Australian Government to:
- make government information more accessible and usable — to establish a pro-disclosure culture around non-sensitive public sector information;
- make government more consultative, participatory and transparent — to maximise the extent to which government utilises the views, knowledge and resources of the general community;
- build a culture of online innovation within Government — to ensure that government is receptive to the possibilities created by new collaborative technologies and uses them to advance its ambition to continually improve the way it operates;
- promote collaboration across agencies with respect to online and information initiatives — to ensure that efficiencies, innovations, knowledge and enthusiasm are shared on a platform of open standards; and
- identify and/or trial initiatives that may achieve or demonstrate how to accomplish the above objectives.
For more information, see the Government 2.0 Taskforce blog.